"If you tell the Truth, you don't have to remember anything"
-Mark Twain
"You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit." -Kurt Vonnegut

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May '77

Today on SiriusXM's Grateful Dead channel 23, David Lemieux is set to take to the airwaves to discuss the new Grateful Dead box set, May '77. The special starts at 9 AM EST and is approximately 90 minutes long.
In a early leaked video, Mr. Lemieux detailed the five shows in the box set being 5/11, 5/12, 5/13, 5/15, and 5/17/77. This brings the releases from this magical month in Grateful Dead history to 10 out of the 19 shows being official releases. When hearing the news, and before watching the video, I was hoping that the box set was going to be the Palladium run of 1977. One of these five shows were used as the first volume of the Grateful Dead Download Series. If I could request some Grateful Dead box set's the first would be that Palladium 77 run, the Red Rocks 7/7/-8/31/78 run, Orpheum 76 shows, and the Spring 73 run 3/15-4/2. Yet the Grateful Dead offices aren't asking for my input on their future releases, so I'll continue to feature my favorite shows here.
Today is also significant because today is the one year anniversary of this blog and this is my 101 entry. I hope that have stumbled my way enjoys my writing and my positive point of view of the super powers of the good old Grateful Dead.
May '77
St Paul, MN 5/11/77
I: Promised, TLEO, Big River, Loser, LL Rain, Ramble, Straw, Peggy-O, El Paso, Deal, Lazy Lightning, Supplication, Sugaree
II: Samson, BE Woman, Estimated, Scarlet, Fire, Good Lovin', Uncle Johns, Space, Wharf Rat, Around E: Brokedown
Chicago, Il 5/12/77
I: Bertha, Uncle, Jed, Cassidy, Peggy-O, Straw, TLEO, Minglewood, Half Step, Dancin'
II: Samson, BE Woman, Estimated, Sunrise, Terrapin, Playin', Drums, NFA, Comes A Time, Playin' E: JBG
Chicago, Il 5/13/77
I: Music, Ramble, Cassidy, BE Woman, Minglewood, Friend, El Paso, Jack A Roe*, LL Rain, Scarlet, Fire
II: Samson, Bertha, Estimated, Drums, Other One, Stella Blue, GDTRFB, OMSN E: US Blues
St. Louis, MO 5/15/77
I: Bertha, Good Lovin', Row Jimmy, Minglewood, Jed, Lazy Lightning, Supplications, Jack A Roe, Passenger*, BE Woman, Dancin'
II: Estimated, Eyes, Drums, Samson, Ship of Fools, St Stephen, Iko*, NFA, Sugar Mags E: Uncle Johns
Tuscaloosa, AL 5/17/77
I: Minglewood, Half Step, El Paso, TLOE, Straw, Jack A Roe, LL Rain, Jed, Passenger, High Time, Big River, Sunrise, Scarlet, Fire
II: Samson, Bertha, Good Lovin', BE Woman, Estimated, Terrapin, Playin', Drums, Wharf Rat, Playin' E: Sugar Mags
*First Time

1 comment: