"If you tell the Truth, you don't have to remember anything"
-Mark Twain
"You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit." -Kurt Vonnegut

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

EVERYBODY'S PLAYING

Here is the most compelling Christmas song Jerry Garcia ever played, God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen. This was recorded live in December of 1991, with David Grisman and company. Why they never recorded this to be on their "So What" jazz album is beyond me.
My announcement about the future of the my blog is that I want it to continue for as long as possible. So in order to make it last, I'm going to spend the next doing a concept year. The next year will be everybody who played in the Heart of Gold Band. These will be Special and not so Special Guest, which will be left to my own discretion. The Allman's, The Band, Bob Dylan, The Beach Boys, and the police as in the cops will be some of the Special Guest.
I'm really looking forward to this project, even though my busiest time of year is going to be right when MB (Mountain Baby) comes, so I'm going to be busy. MB has to learn to rock out and nap time will fully be utilized as writing time.
I'm going to start this on New Years and end on next New Years, (even though this blog was started impulsively on Cornell 77 day) because there is so many amazing New Year shows and guest. I hope you enjoy this, even though years like 76 and 77 won't be featured in the next year.
Please feel free to RT, MT, or whatever else you have to do to tell your friends because "The Candyman is in town."
TWITTER
FACEBOOK



No comments:

Post a Comment